Thursday 22 March 2012

Review: LUSH Sympathy for the Skin

As you all know, I am a huge LUSH fan. I had a chance to pop into a LUSH store the other day, and I purchased a lovely chunk of Vanilla in the Mist soap. This vanilla latte scented soap has been discontinued, but my shop still has 2 and a half loaves of it! Since it will soon cease to exist, I decided to try it. I love vanilla, after all :)
The shop lady offered me a sample of dream cream to take home as well, but I already use dream cream! I love LUSH's great body lotion offerings- my current stash includes dream cream (ultra soothing and great for super dry skin), ultrabalm which is LUSH's vegan version of vaseline, and Ro's Argan body conditioner, which smells of candied roses and can be used as an intensive body lotion even though it is intended to be used in the shower. 
The shop lady told me to pick another LUSH lotion to try, and I decided on Sympathy for the Skin ($25.95/240 g). 
Sympathy for the Skin smells kind of sour out of the pot. It is supposed to smell like banana custard, but in the pot it sort of stinks. Not overtly, or offensively. It just smells like sour banana milk or something. It is incredibly light and fluffy- almost like whipped cream! This texture is a huge contrast to dream cream, which is thick and creamy. You can see the dark vanilla flecks in this lotion. Once applied, Sympathy soaked right in, leaving my skin very smooth. The smell also changed, turning into a vanilla custard-like scent. It definitely smelled delicious once it soaked into my skin!
LUSH uses organic bananas in this lotion to deeply moisturize and condition the skin. The lotion also has vanilla pods and vanilla extract to combat redness, lemon oil to brighten the skin, and sandalwood to tone.
I am definitely going to pick a pot of this lotion up once my current lotion stash dwindles!
--S

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the scent of bananas so I'm going to check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just make sure you try it out on your skin instead of sniffing it from the pot! haha.

      Delete
  2. ooo i like the sound of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post darling! Check my blog and follow me if you want! I`ll follow back :X

    Fashionspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am following you now, thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...