Wednesday 13 June 2012

REVIEW: Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder

Summer time is here, and that means HELLO SHINE all over my face. A little sunkissed glow is nice, but shine shine shine? not so much. 
A product that has been saving my face in every sense of the word is tarte's Smooth Operator micronized clay finishing powder ($35.00)
tarte smooth operator

This product is very simple to use. You simply dust some over your finished makeup. It goes on completely sheer, and it is very light and unnoticeable on the skin. I use a kabuki brush to dust it over my entire face. The only complaint I have is that there is only one tiny little hole to get product out. They should take a hint from bareMinerals and give us an easier time getting the powder out! Tarte says this product promotes the tightening of the skin, shrinks oversized pores, balances your skin, improves clarity, texture and removes surface oil to leave your skin looking flawlessly radiant and matte! It will help keep your makeup in place all day long. Tarte says this powder gives a 20% reduction in the number and size of your pores after 4 weeks of usage.
It is also made without mineral oil, parabens, phthalates, or synthetic fragrance.
Since I started using this product, I have been getting compliments on my skin! That is very rare for me. I absolutely love this product and use it every day after I've applied my makeup. Half way throughout the day, if I have a chance I will dust some more over my t-zone. This product actually works better than the Urban Decay De-Slick makeup setting spray that I also enjoy. You can use De-Slick and then apply this tarte powder over top for an ultra matte look.

Overall, I highly recommend this product to everyone. It works for all skin types, and it may very well save your skin from shine overload this summer!
--S

36 comments:

  1. this sounds lovely! i may have to check it out next time i see this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh...thanks for the review. i didn't even know that this product existed!!!! I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, def check it out! it is a life saver for me, I simply adore this product!!

      Delete
  3. I have this product, and I like it too. A cheaper alternative is Fyrinnae Oil Control Powder. And it's only $5.50 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that is very cheap! I am not familiar with this brand you mentioned though? is it available in Canada?

      Delete
    2. Fyrinnae is an online company. But their shipping rates to Canada are very reasonable (cheap!). And they sell minis so you can try out a little of product first.

      Delete
  4. I have the finishing powder from Makeup Forever and I would not buy it again.. I feel that its not translucent and I can see a white finish to my face sometimes! Have you tried that one? I hope that this one would be better! Maybe will be my next purchase!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is absolutely translucent! I never see any white finish on my skin with it.

      Delete
  5. i've heard fantastic reviews about this product lately so i am taking it as a sign and totally checking it out next time i'm at Sephora (do they sell tarte anywhere else?) did you notice any changes in the size of your pores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't noticed any changes in my pores, no. but I am sure if it actually does shrink pores, it is very gradual and would be hard to see? I don't look at them that closely. haha.

      Delete
  6. I've never tried any Tarte products before. This sounds really good...I just might have to give it a try! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is my first tarte purchase ever! and I love it. I find their products to be very expensive though.

      Delete
  7. This looks promising! It's so odd that there's only one hole, though! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha glad I'm not the only one who finds that to be a bit silly!

      Delete
  8. This is something I definitely need! As soon as I wash my face, it's shiny! grr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. check it out! it has changed my face for the better.

      Delete
  9. Thank you for the review.. I may have to get some of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always been scared to use finishing powder because I didn't want to look like a ghost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, me neither ! however this goes on completely sheer and is not noticeable at all.

      Delete
    2. Sigh, "add to Jayne's Excel Spreadsheet Wishlist"

      Delete
  11. I use Inika's finishing powder and love it. I was afraid at first to use it since I'm dark skinned but it goes on nicely and is unnoticeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I have not heard of that brand, I will google it!

      Delete
  12. This looks amazing! I'm now trying to decide between ELF's loose powder, this one and the MUFE one.. :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. someone above mentioned that MUFE's leaves a white powder visible on the skin! so that might not be the best choice.

      Delete
  13. Oh wow, love the sound of this! Reduces pore size? I am sold!

    Sharleena xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know eh? I cannot complain about that, the pores on my cheeks are massive!

      Delete
  14. Hey, I actually have a sample of this! I should give it a try (even though I'm not sure how I am supposed to dip my brush into a 0.07 oz tiny container with two minuscule holes to get the product out, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes that sounds a bit silly- they need to work on their packaging !!

      Delete
  15. This sounds really nice! I am almost out of my current finishing powder too I'll have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. def check it out- what brand are you using now?

      Delete
  16. Thanks for the recommendation this product sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh love the look of this product... I really love the tarte lineup! Have you tried this with flash photography? Does it give a white cast at all?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shine control? I think I need it majorly! And Tarte products seem to suit my tempermental skin: bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks really good. Nice review hun x :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...