Saturday 21 July 2012

LUSH Cosmetics releases their own makeup line: Emotional Brilliance

Today, LUSH Cosmetics released their own line of cosmetics, named Emotional Brilliance. LUSH is known for their fabulous bath and body products. I am personally a huge fan of their fresh, hand-made products which are fun, smell lovely, and are all cruelty-free. The release of their makeup line is great news for vegans everywhere as the entire lineup is vegan and made with minimal synthetic ingredients!!
LUSH now offers liquid eyeshadow, liquid eye liner (both $22.95/0.2oz), lip colour ($22.95/0.2oz), mascara ($18.95/0.2oz), facial tints/primers ($18.95/0.7oz) and a setting powder ($18.95/0.4oz).

LUSH Emotional Brilliance is centered around concepts from 'colour therapy', and the colour of products worn are supposed to describe your mood at the time. LUSH has a colour wheel, and you are supposed to close your eyes, then open them and pick the first three colours that stand out to you, regardless of anything else. These are then the colours that Emotional Brilliance suggests match your mood at the time, and are suggested for you to wear. You can try out the colour wheel on the LUSH website as well.  I personally find this idea to be a bit silly, and I would rather buy my makeup based on what colours suit my taste and skin tone. I feel it is a gimmick-- what are your thoughts?

I have not made it into a LUSH store to check the line up out yet, but I was majorly tempted to place an online order. I am holding back until I see the products for myself in-store because the products are generally not cheap. However, I felt compelled to share this new line of LUSH products with you all- I am definitely interested in it and I think you should expect some reviews of products coming up from me soon!!

Are any of you going to make a purchase from the new LUSH makeup line? What interests you the most?

--S

13 comments:

  1. wow this is exciting news! thanks for letting me know - i will definitely check out my LUSH store soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes if you have one nearby, take some time to stop in and check out their line!

      Delete
  2. This excites me a lot! The packaging is so different but intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is really different which could be a good thing or a bad thing, honestly :P

      Delete
  3. Wow.. I guess it was just a matter of time before they decided to get into the makeup.. I am not a fan of the color wheel though.. I think when we look at makeup we do buy with our eyes as to what stands out as a nice color but I think we also factor in what looks good on us too or what will go with what we have etc.. I think I will take a peak next time that I am out near lush but not sure what I think about the packaging! Thank you for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, the colour wheel and colour therapy concept seems a bit off to me, definitely a marketing ploy. However, if the makeup is good quality I will definitely buy some! but based on my personal tastes, not my colour wheel reading :P

      Delete
  4. I does sound a bit gimmicky, but I suppose as they are trying to branch into their cosmetic line they new something catching. I would love to try some of there makeup, would it still be all handmade?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried anything from LUSH but I hear so many good things about their skincare. I wonder if their makeup would compare.. I don't think I really like the color wheel idea either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love LUSH as a brand, I am excited and also apprehensive to try their makeup line!

      Delete
  6. Are all lush products made ftom natural ingredients?? Thanks;)

    xoxo
    tiffanykeepgoing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure you will end up trying some of their makeup and whatever you like.. I will try :) Trust your opinion and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. coolio! Need to check it out! They are having a giveaway for their makeup in facebook now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...