Friday 20 July 2012

Products that make vacation easy

I am back from vacation and thought I would do a quick post on some of the products that made my vacation super easy! Honorable mentions include my all-time favourite La Roche-Posay sunscreen for the face, and Cake beauty's dry shampoo
Bausch + Lomb Bio true multi-purpose solution (note: this product was provided for my honest review)
If you wear contact lenses, you know how important a good quality contact solution is! I usually use Bausch and Lomb eye care products and I had mentioned them on my blog in the past. A representative from the company actually emailed me and asked if I would like to try their newest contact solution, Biotrue, which is 'bio insprired', meaning it is inspired by the way our eyes work! It has a pH balance that matches tears, and contains Hyaluronan, which is a lubricant found naturally in the body and eyes; this lubricant keeps lenses moist and comfortable all day long. This contact solution is awesome! I wore my contacts for longer than usual while on vacation, because I had long days outside and glasses are annoying to wear- especially in the sunshine when you're sweating, erm I mean, glistening. I am very impressed with this contact solution and will definitely be buying more! My eyes just felt more moisturized and less irritated than usual. Bausch and Lomb said that if my readers were interested, I could give away some of this awesome product- are there any other glasses/contact lens wearers out there? If so, comment and tell me! It will also let me know if you all might be interested in hearing my reviews of other eye care brands.

benefit's highbeam facial illuminator
When you're on vacation, you don't want to be wearing a lot of makeup. I kept it to the bare minimum! All I wore was a touch of this awesome highlighter, highbeam by benefit, which completely uplifts my entire appearance. Alongside highbeam, I wore my sunscreen and lipgloss with SPF. What else does a girl need when she is relaxing in the water all day?
CoverFX MintGlaze FX ($22.00/3ml)




My go-to lip gloss was CoverFX MintGlaze FX ($22.00/3ml), which is a yummy mint lip treatment with SPF 15! This product is advertised as a primer for other colours, but I just wear it on its own as a clear lip gloss. I love this product because it is not sticky at all, and it is mint flavoured! It gives a simple sheen to the lips and protects them from the sun- plus I am a huge fan of the CoverFX brand! This product lasts forever on the lips, which is great when you're using it for sun protection. 


Finally, La Roche-Posay really saved the day for me on this recent vacation! I got a terrible, bright-red sun burn on my back on the first day. I was worried it would ruin my entire vacation! There is nothing worse than an aggressive sun burn. Luckily, I had packed my after-sun care gel from La Roche-Posay! It has a nice light scent, and goes on very smooth. This product completely soothed my angry skin and left me comforted. After two days of applying this product, my sun burn had turned into a tan and was no longer extremely painful! Hurray :)

--S

24 comments:

  1. glasses wearer since grade 4! during the summer and winter, i tend to wear my contacts more since i do not want to get odd tan lines on my face or have my glasses fog up. i am always looking for a contact lenses solution that is moisturizing all day. Hyaluronan sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is a great product, I hate getting dry eyes and usually by the evening time I am in misery! I really wish I could get laser eye surgery.

      Delete
    2. hmm laser eye surgery... are your eyes really bad? i've thought about it before too but i think i might actually miss wearing glasses!

      Delete
  2. I'm not allowed to wear contacts, but I always wear my glasses. My mom uses that brand for her contacts though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you have an eye condition? why no contacts?

      Delete
  3. I have been recently looking into the La Roche-Posay's spot treatment, they seem like a great brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try their spot treatment too, I have heard nothing but good things. however, I want to finish my other ones first.

      Delete
  4. My eye doctor gave me biotrue and I loved it! Great contact solution. I also like optifree contact solution.

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great products.. I really want to try high beam.. I have sun beam but I find it hard to work with on my incredibly pale skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will love highbeam! I really do like sunbeam as well, but highbeam does magic for my skin!

      Delete
  6. I have not tried any of these products :D I wear glasses for now, but I absolutely hate them and am dying to get some contacts. I will definitely be on the lookout for Biotrue when I do get contacts-it sounds like it would work out pretty well for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, not a one? they're all fabulous! Highbeam is a beauty staple of mine.

      Delete
  7. Great picks! I absolutely love High Beam, but lately I've been finding that when I use it over blush it can move some of the colour! Have you ever had this problem with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually apply it first, and then after it dries I apply my blush. I have not noticed any issues using it this way!

      Delete
    2. Oh that's a great idea! I'm going to try that tomorrow :)

      Delete
  8. I would love to try some of the solution! :) I just recently started with contacts and I have super sensitive eyes!

    I'm not really sure how to use high beam well and the mint fx is one of my faves as well. I usually put it on at night before bed for "lip repair" or what not. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High beam is easy to play with and very easy to use. I was also intimidated by it, but I watched some youtube videos and realized that how I thought I should apply it was exactly right!

      Delete
    2. Oh! I always forget to check youtube for advice!! Thanks for reminding me..I'll definitely check some vids out!

      Delete
  9. Aww, no glasses or contacts for me yet! That Mint FX looks great! I am such a sucker for anything mint! High Beam is also one of my favourite brighteners with just a hint of shimmer. Great poolside necessities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky girl! I am not very well endowed when it comes to vision! I need glasses or contacts to see with a -4.0 eye! very sad indeed.

      Delete
  10. Oh no, sunburn is really painful and can threaten to ruin your holiday. Glad you had the La Roche-Posay to save the day :) I'm sure High Beam looked really pretty with minimal makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of La Roche Posay too...sounds like you had a lovely summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bio True was not moisturizing for my contacts at all. They actually dried them out. I was constantly having problems with my contacts trying to pop out when I blinked and then being blurry. I thought I was just having contact issues until I went back to using Renu and everything got better. I don't know what it is in the Bio True products but my eyes or my contacts one just doesn't work for me.

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...